Thursday , June 13 2024

Mysterious update in the search for missing autistic boy Sebastian Rogers as woman shares picture of boy resembling him at mountain visitor center – two months after he vanished

A possible picture of missing autistic teen Sebastian Rogers has been circulating social media, more than two months after he went missing.

The picture was reportedly taken at a visitors’ center in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina.

The snapshot, which was taken by a woman at the rest stop, very strongly resembles the missing teen, 15, who went missing from his Hendersonville home on February 26, barefoot with just a flashlight.

The woman later turned the picture into the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations and her friend posted the picture online.

A possible picture of missing autistic teen Sebastian Rogers has been circulating social media, more than two months after he went missing

A possible picture of missing autistic teen Sebastian Rogers has been circulating social media, more than two months after he went missing

Rogers is believed to have left his family home with a flashlight in the early hours of February 26. He was reported missing by his parents at 6.30am.

The state Bureau of Investigation released an endangered child alert for the teenager on the day he disappeared – and officials immediately deployed drones, dogs, boats, horses and helicopters in the search for him.

See also  Kim Kardashian shares flashback images where she is modeling nude lingerie from her $4B SKIMS empire in a public bathroom

Sebastian lives in Stafford Court, Hendersonville, on the north-eastern outskirts of Nashville.

Journalist Nick Beres, who has been closely tracking Rogers’ case since his disappearance nearly ten weeks ago, says investigators are still lacking strong evidence in one direction or the next about where this case is headed.

On a recent Facebook livestream addressing the mysterious photo, Beres said he finds it interesting that now, seven days after the rest stop photo was released, investigators have not ruled the possibility of the teen in the photo being Sebastian. 

About a month ago, the search for Rogers was called off due to safety concerns for the members of the Cajun Navy deployed to help find him.

In late March, Sebastian’s mother Katie Proudfoot and her husband Chris left Hendersonville to go back to work in Memphis.

The Cajun Navy, the non-profit comprised of volunteers with boats, was formed in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to help look for survivors. The group had been helping with Rogers’ search and rescue effort sand even took over the search in March.

Rogers’ father, Seth Rogers, a correctional officer, has been ruthlessly searching for his son on, Beres says, a possibly full time basis.  

Sebastian Rogers, 15, went missing on February 26 after leaving the bedroom of his Hendersonville home barefoot and with a flashlight

Sebastian Rogers, 15, went missing on February 26 after leaving the bedroom of his Hendersonville home barefoot and with a flashlight

See also  Antiques Roadshow expert Henry Sandon dies aged 95 - just months after much-loved TV figure auctioned off his private collection for £50,000

Check Also

Paul Barry quits ABC Media Watch: Acid-tongued journalist – who famously revealed his taxpayer-funded salary on air – steps down after 11 years as host

By Cameron Carpenter and Jo Scrimshire For Daily Mail Australia Published: 07:58 BST, 13 June …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *