Monday , May 20 2024

Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann’s two adult children are living in a ‘waking horror show,’ their attorney says

Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect’s two adult children are living in a ‘waking horror show’ following his triple murder charge, according to their attorney.  

Rex Heuermann is charged with killing Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello, who disappeared in 2009 and 2010 and is the main suspect in the murder of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who vanished in 2007. 

He has two children – a daughter Victoria Heuermann, 26, who worked at her father’s Manhattan architecture firm, and a son Christopher Sheridan, 33, who has special needs. 

His children have been described as ‘bystanders’ who are caught up in this ‘developing legal case of the century’ – while they live in a ‘walking horror show.’ 

Christopher (left) and Victoria (right) reportedly  'cry themselves to sleep' since their father's arrest as cops pull apart their Long Island home

 Christopher (left) and Victoria (right) reportedly  ‘cry themselves to sleep’ since their father’s arrest as cops pull apart their Long Island home 

Rex Heuermann, 59, appears in court on three murder charges. He said nothing but stared at the judge and at his handcuffed wrists

Rex Heuermann, 59, appears in court on three murder charges. He said nothing but stared at the judge and at his handcuffed wrists 

Their attorney Vess Mitev, of Mitev Law Firm, told Fox News Digital: ‘They’re constantly… having to reevaluate what is happening to them, almost in real-time. 

‘Obviously, the deplorable conditions that their house was left in – torn apart from the floorboards to the shingles, basically, is their paramount concern.

‘[They’re] trying to regain some basic sense of normalcy, which is completely impossible at this point. They’re living in a surreal, waking horror show.’ 

He added: ‘Their rights and liberties have to be protected. 

‘And that investigation is now heating up with the DA handing over troves of documents last week, and the leads the DA may be pursuing, whatever they may be, at some point may intertwine with the rights and remedies that my clients have and enjoy under the Constitution and under the laws of New York.’

See also  Vegas shooting rampage leaves 'at least THREE people dead' after suspect went on 40 minute rampage across University of Nevada Las Vegas before being killed: Hospitals deal with 'mass casualty event'

This comes after wife of Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Heuermann admitted her neighbors want the house she shared with the alleged murderer to be razed to the ground.

Heuermann, the architect accused of murdering at least three women and leaving their bodies along a remote stretch of coastline near Long Island´s Gilgo Beach, appeared in court Tuesday for the first time since his arraignment.

The children's lawyer Vess Mitev, of Mitev Law Firm, said: 'They're constantly¿ having to reevaluate what is happening to them, almost in real-time'

The children’s lawyer Vess Mitev, of Mitev Law Firm, said: ‘They’re constantly… having to reevaluate what is happening to them, almost in real-time’

Wife Asa Ellerup, 59, told DailyMail.com she doesn’t ‘want to walk down the street’ and hears what those who live nearby say about their home.

‘The neighbors want the house gone,’ she said on Wednesday. ‘They want it bulldozed.’

She became emotional discussing how she’s tried to cope with the intense media scrutiny and neighborhood gossip.

‘Look I don’t want to walk down the street. I heard what people said about us. I heard it,’ Ellerup said as she began to cry.

‘I heard the other people on the neighborhood. They want the house bulldozed. Do you understand? Please I can’t talk anymore.’

Ellerup filed for divorce to ‘protect herself’ from any future lawsuits and has spoken with her husband in jail, her attorney revealed Monday.

She said that some neighbors had been charitable, as a GoFundMe started by Melissa Moore, the daughter of the Happy Face Serial Killer Keith Hunter Jesperson, which has raised over $20,000.

She was asked point blank about whether or not she deserved the money by one reporter.

See also  King pays tribute to Britain's war dead: Charles unites the nation as he leads Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph, with royals, senior politicians and dignitaries laying poppy wreaths to honour the fallen - hours after protest violence in London

‘I don’t know what to say to that, if people don’t want to fund me. What is she going to say, I don’t deserve this? I am alone.’

Asa Ellerup, the wife of Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann has admitted her neighbors want the house she shared with the alleged murderer to be razed to the ground

Asa Ellerup, the wife of Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann has admitted her neighbors want the house she shared with the alleged murderer to be razed to the ground

She noted that people have also given them everything from pizza to pots and pans, but said she doesn’t ‘have room for a lot of stuff’ when asked what she needed.

Ellerup said both she and her dog are crying and that she can tell even her dog is stressed.

Heuermann was disheveled and appeared as though he had lost weight as he stood before the judge in Riverhead, Long Island, last Tuesday.

The courtroom was packed with media and the families of some of the women he is accused of killing.

He was dressed smartly in a black blazer, blue shirt and cream khakis, and looked down at his hands for most of the hearing.

The judge banned the release of four, two terabyte hard drives of evidence which have been handed to attorneys and investigators, but which will not become public.

Heuermann is set to return to court in September.

The first victim, Melissa Barthelemy from New York, 24, was discovered by Suffolk County Police on December 11, 2010

Megan Waterman, 22, from Maine

The first victim, Melissa Barthelemy, 24, was discovered by Suffolk County Police on December 11, 2010. The body of Megan Waterman, 22, was found two days later

Speaking outside the court afterwards, his attorney, Michael Brown, sparred with the media and insisted on his innocence.

‘He told me he didn’t do this,’ he said, before bemoaning the size of the evidence file and how long it will take to go through it.

‘The DA has a whole office… I’m just one guy.

‘Just to pore through the discovery is an enormous task but we’re going to do it, we’re prepared to do it.

‘Whether it’s one year or a year and a half, whenever that day comes we’re looking forward to defending this case,’ he said, adding that he would try to have the trial moved out of Suffolk County.

‘This case is one we are going to try in the courtroom.

The press has convicted my client without a shred of evidence, he doesn’t stand a chance,’ he said.

Check Also

Prince William is set to be an usher at the Duke of Westminster’s ‘society wedding of the year’ but Harry won’t be there ‘after turning down invite because he thought he should have got the job’

Prince William is set to be an usher at his friend the Duke of Westminster’s …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *